Sunday, October 5, 2008

A Cut Above

Not to cause any concern, but Maggie has had some issues this past week, and the doctor told us that if it got any worse to head to the ER. Well, it hasn't gotten any worse, but we decided to visit the ER anyway. With our other child. Scottie was overly excited watching what else, NASCAR, and slipped and busted his head on the corner of the speakers by the TV. Blood came gushing and when we stopped the bleeding, you could almost see his brain through the small hole in his head. So, off to the ER we went. He was really good and stopped crying when the blood stopped. Luckily, they were able to glue it so there won't be major scarring. Mommy was a little worried about Senior Pictures, but Dad told him scars make a man. Also, he was able to score the Jimmy Johnson Lowe's car since he was so tough. Not a bad trade, Jimmy Johnson for a hole in the head. Isn't parenthood great?

There goes that perfect baby face
Remember, son, scars make a man
Jimmy Johnson, Score!!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scottie, we are so proud of you for being a big boy!! I hope your head feels better soon. You better sit quietly while you watch Nascar from now on!!!! I'm sure glad that Maggie hasn't had to go to the ER. We love you guys.

TheShermanFam said...

UGH!! This is my worst fear!
Glad it was nothing too major, even though his brain was visible :)
(I've been stalking for a while, but couldn't contain myself with the ER visit...I know this will be in my future)

Kevin McNellis said...

Scottie, your Dad gave me a similar gash when I was a little bit younger than you are now. The old man must be getting old because mine was bigger and perfectly centered!!!!!

Thanks Russ