Sunday, August 16, 2009

Family Pictures

We went downtown last weekend and took some family pictures. There's more where these came from, but you just get the highlights. Best part about these pictures is that we had a friend take them, so they are really cheap (free). Much thanks to Robin McAlister who is doing some experimenting with photography in her down time between getting her Master's at Duke and finding a job. Old adage of "it's not what you know, it's who you know" has never been more true. Thanks Rob. Here are the results:






I also turned 32 yesterday. Happy birthday to me. Growing up, it was hard to understand how birthdays weren't as big a deal when you were older. I get it now. Another year gone by, but I don't feel any older. Except the fact that my back hurts, my hair is not all there, and college kids look really, really young.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

david b mclaughlin said...

great pix!

Molly said...

Holy cow those are incredible pictures! What a treasure to have those. I can't imagine what all was captured for years to come.

Happy birthday. I love the part about getting older and thinking that college kids look young. I couldn't agree more!

Matt said...

these are some awesome pics. you all look great. mag's eyes are beautiful. scottie will be a baller, unlike his dad. i vote you replace that lake sunset picture at the top of the page with one of these...

Amy Hanson said...

REALLY CUTE!

I'm feeling really lucky that those kids are my niece and nephew. And my sister and brother-n-law aren't bad either. Love ya.

Angie said...

Love the pictures! Those kids are adorable!

Unknown said...

Ann and Russ - I love the pictures!! Oh my!! She got some great, random shots!!