Saturday, May 17, 2008

Adjustment Period

So Friday morning, Ann's parents left and we think Scottie has now figured out that he is going to have to share our time. Take lunch as an example. This is what he looked like today while Ann and I were eating our lunch.














But I think deep down he is really glad Maggie is here.
















After Maggie's first week I thought it would be appropriate to post seven gems from the her first seven days.


1. Obviously, Maggie was born

2. I got an extreme closeup of the hardwood floors when Dr. E broke Ann's water

3. Scottie asked Ann if Maggie was kissing her when she was feeding

4. Scottie has all of a sudden started calling me dah-dah

5. The number of Maggie's diaper changes is getting pretty close to equalling the number of breaths I've taken in the last week

6. Good food all week. As Ann starts to not look pregnant, I am starting to look pregnant

7. I love the way Ann looks at 3:30 in the morning


In honor of one week.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved the dialogue and those adorable pictures!!! Grandma B.

Anonymous said...

Love the recap of the week. I am sharing your blog with everyone.
I guess the real test will be when Dad heads back to work!!!!!
The pictures are great. Maggie looks very alert!!
Grammy

lauren and brad said...

thank you guys for starting a blog. i am a friend of ann's from MOMS group and i have been thinking of her and her "pending arrival" for weeks!

how wonderful to see that she is doing great and your beautiful baby girl has arrived healthy and perfect!

lauren

Anonymous said...

Sweet pictures of a sweet girl.
Love from Jon, Amy, And Ella