Thursday, August 14, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me...


In honor of my 31st birthday, I will let you in on 31 of my life secrets.

31. I'm not a big fan of vegetables.
30. I have a fingernail cutting obsession.
29. My throat itches after I eat cantaloupe, watermelon, and tree nuts.
28. I have only lived in three states. Missouri, Texas, and Oklahoma.
27. I have a sports sickness. Basketball, Football, Golf, Baseball, UFC, badminton, Slamball, Tennis. It doesn't matter to me.
26. My outfit of choice is shorts, long-sleeve T, and flip flops.
25. I'm too critical of people.
24. I don't feel that I'm great at anything, but decent at quite a few things.
23. I don't read enough.
22. I'd rather watch a Division II football game on TV than my favorite movie.
21. I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior when I was 18.
20. My favorite color is red, but it used to be green.
19. I met my wife when I was 15, we started dating at 17, and got married at 23.
18. I need to be more serious more often.
17. Sweet tea is really good.
16. I wish I would have finished my thesis in grad school. Actually, I wish somebody else would have finished my thesis for me.
15. I spend too much time online.
14. Little League baseball was the most fun I ever had playing sports.
13. If I went to college now, I would major in Finance.
12. I hate small talk and dancing.
11. I wish I was more handy around the house.
10. I hate getting dressed up, but I have to wear a shirt and tie every freakin day.
9. Texas Country is my music of choice.
8. I worked as a camp counselor for two summers in college.
7. My lucky numbers are 4, 7, 14, 22, 33, 36, and 58.
6. I love my Texas Tech Red Raiders, but I am never very confident in them.
5. I don't think there is such thing as a 'dream job' for me. Dream and Job don't mix.
4. My wife is the smart, gifted, good looking one in our family. Thank goodness our kids take after her.
3. I consider myself a pretty laid back fella.
2. Late spring/early summer is the best time of year.
1. I'm glad this list is over, I was having trouble thinking of things about me. For next year, I need to work on being more intriguing.

Happy Birthday to me, From me. Later.

5 comments:

Karin said...

Happy Birthday Russ!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Russ. Hope you have a great day. We will see you on Monday. Looking forward to it. Enjoy your day!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Russ!
Love Dad

david b mclaughlin said...

great list! happy birthday.

i need to get to know you better somehow. but since you're no good at small talk...

david b mclaughlin said...

i was telling tina about something that happened to me at work today and it made me think of your list.

i was working and thinking about how much i love my job and feeling really really grateful. just then i got an email from someone telling me how much they were looking forward to a class i was doing called Failing Forward (based on John Maxwell's book). They said their life is always a mess and they are looking forward to figuring out how to turn it around.

I actually started tearing up and thought, "I love this job."

So yeah-dream and job can go together. hope you find that someday.